Riot charges police have increasingly charged people with riot offences in recent times because of higher public security. The court imposes serious penalties that result in imprisonment. It is imperative to seek legal advice if you are charged with riot. George Sten & Co lawyers have over 50 years of experience in criminal law and are available 24 hours a day on 9261 8640 or 0412 423 569.
Based in Sydney’s CBD, George Sten & Co are experienced criminal defence lawyers who analyse all aspects of your case and advise whether there is enough evidence against you to prove you ‘guilty’ in court. Being charged with a riot offence is extremely serious, and is the most serious of violence disorder offences. Our expert team know that just because you are charged with a riot offence, it does not necessarily mean you are guilty. Someone can be easily charged with a riot offence.
George Sten & Co know that a riot offence:
- must involve 12 or more people present together who use or threaten violence for a common purpose
- does not need to be in a public place
- does not need a person of reasonable firmness to be present
- applies only if a person intends to use violence or is aware that their conduct may be violent.
George Sten & Co fight for your rights, know your case inside and out and believe that every person is entitled to the best legal defence. Our lawyers have extensive courtroom experience and exceptional trial skills. Call us now on 9261 8640 or 0412 423 569.
Related Information on Riot
More information to come...
- Weekend Bail Application – Lawyers Sydney – NSW
- What Happens in a Bail Application and Applying for Bail – Lawyers
- Custodial Sentence – Criminal Lawyers Sydney
- Have you been charged with assault
- Choosing the Best Criminal Lawyer in Sydney
- ASSAULT: CHARGES AND PENALTIES- ASSAULT LAWYERS SYDNEY
- Changing Trend in Assaults In Sydney – Assault Charges
- What is the definition of the criminal offence of affray?